Contract Type: Permanent position
Beicip-Franlab is a world leading consulting company, renowned for its technical excellence, providing services and software to help
Energy professionals in interpreting subsurface data and assessing development opportunities and risks.
Beicip-Franlab is seeking a Senior Petrophysicist to join the Characterization team to support the development of its consulting activities.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to work directly in an integrated project team composed of experienced geophysicists,
geologists and reservoir engineers. You will apply geological technologies and petrophysical interpretation skills in the frame of various
subsurface studies for Oil & Gas and Energy Transition (CCUS, geothermal and hydrogen) projects.
The successful candidate must have a strong experience in Petrophysical Quantitative Interpretation, Facies Classification / Rock-Typing
methodologies. Significant experience in Machine Learning techniques and well-bore Geomechanics would be an advantage. Knowledge
of sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, 3D modeling, and petroleum system analyses and other associated subjects would be a plus.
You will be based at Beicip-Franlab headquarters in France (Paris area) with opportunities to travel abroad.
The role is ideally suited for candidates who wish to:
• Work in a dynamic and motivating environment,
• Seek opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and technical challenges,
• Take responsibilities and actively contribute to successful projects.
Further to this position, various career paths within Beicip-Franlab organization may unfold.
Acting as Senior Petrophysicist, you will be expected to:
• Perform petrophysical interpretations using industry standard tools for geological interpretation, characterization and modelling,
• Review existing petrophysical interpretations with quality assessment and propositions of enhancements,
• Take advantage of leading-edge technologies, to propose and apply innovative methods and creative workflows,
• Work actively within an integrated project team,
• Be responsible of Petrophysical tasks in projects, interact with the Clients to ensure a smooth and effective progress of the studies,
• Mentor junior petrophysicists/geologists.
The applicant should meet the following requirements to be eligible for the position:
• MSc or PhD in Geology or Earth Science related degree (mandatory),
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Petrophysics, in Oil & Gas and/or Energy Transition industries (mandatory),
• Proficiency with standard software packages for petrophysical interpretation, characterization and modeling (mandatory),
• Additional proficiency in seismic interpretation, sedimentology & stratigraphy or 3D geological modeling (a plus),
• Previous experience in publishing and presenting technical papers (a plus),
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral,
• A confident and assertive personality with the ability to provide technical leadership and articulate technical arguments,
• Fluent English mandatory. French and Spanish (advantage),
• Commitment for mobility as the job may include short-term and long-term missions overseas,
• Legal right to work in France without company sponsorship.
Click here to view the pdf version